In the home stretch until Election Day, People For the American Way is working nonstop to get out the progressive vote!
PFAW’s programs are focused on targeting the right voters in the right states, and could help Democrats win in previously unexpected places. Republicans could now lose in states they thought were a lock for them -- like Georgia, Kansas and South Dakota.
Thanks to the time, energy, and support of our members, we’re giving it everything we’ve got in these final seven days:
- We have ads running on TV and radio in Senate battleground states: Colorado, North Carolina and Georgia.
- We’re running a targeted online ad campaign in Virginia. Our ads use Republicans’ toxic issue positions and dehumanizing rhetoric against them to turnout Latino voters in the close races where they could make the difference.
- PFAW organizers are on the ground mobilizing volunteers and turning out progressive voters in Kentucky, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin – where we’re in an ultra-tight race to oust the Tea Party’s favorite governor, Gov. Scott Walker. (We also have a radio ad up in Wisconsin.)
- In the critical final days of the cycle, PFAW staff, along with board member Dolores Huerta -- one of the progressive movement’s most iconic champions – are on the ground in Colorado and Georgia to fire up the troops and mobilize voters.
- PFAW and MoveOn volunteers will be calling voters in the most competitive Senate races, like Colorado, North Carolina, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan and South Dakota.
- We’ve partnered with the Progressive Change Campaign Committee to mobilize PFAW activists to make calls for progressive candidates.
- PFAW members received a phone message from PFAW board member Kathleen Turner reminding them to get out the vote – and urge their friends and family to do the same – on Election Day.
- And we’ll be getting out the vote against far-right Republican incumbent Pat Roberts with targeted mailings in the extremely close Senate race in Kansas.
It’s not too late to get involved in our efforts! We have two opportunities for you to make calls from home – make calls to save the Senate with PFAW and MoveOn.org, and/or call out the vote for progressive House candidates with PFAW and the PCCC. And if you can, please consider supporting our work to defeat Tea Party Republicans with a contribution now.