In his post, "A clash of civilizations revealed in Newsweek poll ," Paul Rosenberg notes:
The notion that Obama "favors the interests of Muslim Americans" is frankly ludicrous. But, then, so was the notion that blacks had too much influence in 1964. Yet, as I noted in a recent diary, that's exactly what a substantial number of people believed, particularly those who were more conservative:
And here are two from Talking Points Memo:
- Tancredo Talks To TPM: Sharia Law, NYC Mosque & Border-Crossing Terrorists… and Obama's "Otherism" 
Here are the RESULTS of all the divisive, fear-mongering rhetoric:
- Sacramento: A small pig statue marked with the messages "No Mosque in NYC," "Remember 9-11," and "MO HAM MED the Pig" was left in the mailbox of the town's Islamic center, the local Fox News station reports .
- Seattle: A man has been charged with a hate  crime for allegedly throwing his change at the feet of a turban-wearing 7-Eleven clerk and then hitting the clerk in the head. According to UPI, a related police report says, "After the suspect struck (the clerk) with his fist he said, 'You're not even American, you're (al-Qaida). Go back to your country.'" The clerk's actually a Sikh.
- Upstate New York: Five teenagers  have been arrested for disrupting religious services at a mosque in upstate New York after allegedly driving by the mosque during Ramadan services, honking their horns and firing a shotgun.
- Newsweek reports that all this manufactured outrage and anti-Muslim hate over the so-called 'Ground Zero Mosque' is proving to be a great recruiting and fundraising tool for the Taliban  who says it helps show the U.S. is anti-Islam. A Taliban operative told the magazine, "Showing reality always makes the best propaganda," and "The more mosques you stop, the more jihadis we will get."